Are you looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community? If so, you’ll want to join an organization that is truly committed to making a difference. At Sullivan University, you’ll find a host of career opportunities, an environment that values creativity, a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding, and an organization that values people.
We offer a generous benefits package, a competitive salary, comprehensive training, tuition reimbursement and a professional work environment.
We are currently looking for a full-time Custodian.
As a Custodian you will be responsible for assisting the custodial manager in ensuring work is completed where assigned by all custodians in a timely fashion, as well as completing different jobs as assigned by the manager to include set ups for events, maintaining the floors of all buildings as required and the coordination of different projects relating to floors and restrooms, etc.
• Minimum of a high school diploma or equivalent.
• 2 years of related experience.
• An equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered.
• Must hold a valid driver’s license and maintain a satisfactory driving record.
• Must be able to stand for extended periods of time.
• Must be able to maneuver about the facilities.
• Must be able to push, pull and lift up to fifty pounds, move furniture and equipment.
• Must have knowledge of applicable OSHA standards.
• Must have knowledge of applicable safety practices and procedures.
• Organize and communicate with departments the details required to ensure events run smoothly and successfully.
• Set up and break down all campus events (Main Campus, Library, Bakery, COP/Nolan).
• Move/transport furniture and miscellaneous items for campus (Main Campus, Library, Bakery, COP/Nolan).
• Coordinate carpet care of all campus buildings (Main Campus, Library, Bakery, COP/Nolan).
• Assist with special projects for campus as needed.
• Vacuum and shampoo carpets.
• Use and maintain assigned power equipment and hand tools, including wet vacuum, auto scrubbers, extractors, high pressure washers, high speed buffers and vacuums, brooms, mops, and squeegees for the cleaning and general maintenance of floors, walls, carpets, furniture, and others as required.
• Wash walls and equipment.
• Use ladders when required in work assignments.
• Follow instructions regarding the use of chemicals and supplies.
• Assist with custodial duties at other Sullivan University System locations as assigned.
• Strong customer service skills.
• Ability to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently while meeting required deadlines.
• Ability to work with minimal supervision.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, to accommodate cleaning and set-up for special events.
The Sullivan University System offers post-secondary educational opportunities in a variety of disciplines through its many campuses to prepare students for employment in high-need career fields. The Sullivan University System has been named one of the Best Places to Work for three years in a row, because we truly believe you don’t need to choose between making a living and making a difference.
The Sullivan University System is an Equal Opportunity Employer.