Are you looking for the chance to learn, grow, and make a contribution to the community? If so, you’ll want to join an organization that is truly committed to making a difference. The Sullivan University System offers post-secondary educational opportunities in a variety of disciplines through its many campuses to prepare students for employment in high-need career fields. At The Sullivan University System, you’ll find a host of career opportunities, an environment that values creativity, a work experience that is both challenging and rewarding, and an organization that values people.
We offer a generous benefits package, a competitive salary, comprehensive training, tuition reimbursement and a professional work environment.
The Sullivan University System has been named one of the Best Places to Work for three years in a row, because we truly believe you don’t need to choose between making a living and making a difference.
We are currently looking for a full-time Awards Specialist. The Awards Specialist is responsible for the determination and award of aid based on federal, state, local and institutional policies.
You will also be responsible for:
• Analyzing student data and supporting documentation to confirm accuracy of data and determining eligibility for a wide variety of federal, state and district grant, scholarships and other financial assistance programs.
• Resolving general and complex awards issues by utilizing internal and external resources to analyze applications against criteria and availability, as well as make adjustments, additions, and cancellations.
• Making awards based on established policies, rules and regulations.
• Adjusting awards on a continuous basis due to changes in enrollment, statuses or reported financial circumstances.
• Entering awards data into CampusVue awarding screens.
• Providing information and direction over the phone and by email to financial planning coordinators assigned to students and prospective students regarding awards package.
• Working collaboratively with internal resources across departments and campuses to resolve award issues for students.
• Staying fully informed and current of all IRS and federal verification rules and regulations.
• Supporting and maintaining knowledge of institutional policies, verification processes and procedure as well as current verification rules and regulations.
• Following guidelines established by the U.S. Department of Education, State of Kentucky and any other agencies or sources of financial aid.
• Maintaining all files, documentation, and data entry according to standard operating procedures.
• Successfully completing all new-hire and ongoing training courses in a timely manner.
• Serving as a back-up for Verification Specialist.
• In good standing with the Department of Education.
• Working knowledge of Federal, State, and other agencies policies and procedures regarding the awarding of financial aid in different programs offered is a plus.
• Excellent written, verbal, customer service and interpersonal skills required.
• Ability to effectively and professionally communicate with staff regarding financial aid.
• Ability to maintain a flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends.
• Ability to function efficiently and utilize good time management skills in a fast paced and demanding work environment.
• Proficient computer skills with specific emphasis on Microsoft Office products and student information systems, such as CampusVue.
• Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
• Ability to maintain concentration and attention to detail while working for extended periods of time.